There is an agreed procedure of which everyone is aware; children are deemed to be late when the playground gates are locked and they arrive through the front office.
● Children are marked late (L) if they arrive after 8:45am
● Children are marked unauthorised (U) if they arrive after 9:15am
● Late pupils are recorded by the Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral) or a member of the office team.
● The EWO supports ‘late gate’ sessions monthly.
● All lates are recorded as the child and parent come through the foyer
● After five lates, a letter is sent to the parent or carer from the Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral)
● After ten lates (persistent), a letter is sent to the parent or carer from the Education Welfare Office (EWO) and an appointment is given to attend a surgery with the EWO.
● A trophy is awarded to most punctual class each week in achievement assembly.
● If a child is absent due to illness we require a telephone call, verbal message and then written note explaining the absence.
● Children are made aware of percentage attendance each week in assembly and these are displayed in the hall and on the school’s website.
● Parents attending achievement assembly are also made aware through this process.
● Attendance cup is given to the class with the best attendance each week.
● Where there are concerns regarding attendance parents are contacted and invited in to discuss any issues. If concerns persist despite this the school will involve outside agencies where appropriate.
● School works closely with the EWO who comes in to school on a regular basis.
● We do not authorise any holiday during term time, in line with Bexley Local Authority’s Policy and Procedures.
● Penalty Notices may be issued to Parents/Carers of pupils who take their children out of school on term time holidays.